Making A Recycle-Bot For Earth Day
One of Jasmine's school assignments this week was to make a Recycle Bot in celebration of Earth Day. As the resident dad, it fell to me to help her with her creation.
Upon finding the instructions, it turned out to be pretty easy, as there were only a few rules:
- Has to be made completely from recyclable material
- No Glass allowed (due to safety concerns)
- Can be Sitting or Standing, but no taller than 3 feet
- Can Not have any type of working electronics
- RecycleBot should be student created .. with "guidance" from parents
Here's how Jasmine made her's ...
- The body is made from the box that she just got in the mail.
- The eyes are the lids from Joey's baby food
- The nose, mouth, and pretty much all the "joints" were made with "100mph tape" (I hope that's recyclable)
- Water bottles for the arms
- The wheels/feet were originally just going to be 2 diet dew cans, but then she added a long skinny Red Bull can for balance
- Finally a couple of plastic bags for the hair
I like the way it turned out. And if I'd taken a better picture, you'd be able to see the huge smile on Jasmine's face too ... she's obviously proud of the job she did.
So what are you, or your kids doing to celebrate Earth Day this year?