My Ipod Makes Me Feel Old
Should the realization that probably 95% of the songs currently on my ipod were recorded before the ipod was even invented make me feel old?
Ana used to make fun of me when I was at home, because I bought an ipod, but very rarely listened to it. Well since I've been here, I'm making up for it. I listen to music every day while I'm at the gym for our daily workout. Two things recently occurred to me ...
- I need more music, some of these songs are starting to repeat pretty often. Unfortunately, with my slow internet speed, it's probably not gonna happen until I get home in the spring.
- Most of the songs on my ipod are from the 70s or 80s. Not really surprising, since that's when I was a teenager, and thus most interested in music.
Just to give you an idea of what I'm taking about, today while I was on the elliptical machine, the shuffle feature gave me a nice 3 song in a row stretch ...
- Paradise by the Dashboard Lights - Meatloaf (recorded in 1977)
- Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (recorded 1975)
- Footloose - Kenny Loggins (recorded 1984)
All great songs ... but all, depressingly, could definitely be classed as "oldies".
Oh well, I like what I like. I do kind of wonder though, when my son Justin is my age, will he still be listening to rap? ;-)