Are Fried Egg Sandwiches The Perfect Meal?
It's cheap, it's quick, and it's easy to make.
From a guy's perspective, those are pretty much the criteria for a "perfect" meal.
Just sayin' ;-)
Seriously though, I love fried egg sandwiches. I make them in the morning when I don't have PT (not fun to run on a full stomach). I sometimes make them as a nice late night snack. And every once in a while, we even have fried egg sandwiches for dinner ... on those nights, I could probably write a whole separate blog post entitled: "how to feed a family of 7 for about $4".
The version of the sandwich that I've been eating lately, I discovered sort of by accident, when I couldn't find the ham in the fridge on day.
And because I sometimes like to share "recipes" here on the blog ...
- 2 Eggs
- 4 pieces of bread
- Butter or Margarine
- 2 slices of roast beef
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat up the pan, and spray generously with PAM
- Put bread in toaster (preferably 4-slice variety), on med-light setting
- Place roast beef slices on hot pan for about 30 seconds
- Break two eggs onto the hot pan
- Turn over roast beef slices and sprinkle with cheese
- Bust the yokes in such a way that they stay within the cooking egg
- Butter toast, and place roast beef slices on top
- Turn over eggs, and cook for an additional 20-30 seconds
- Place eggs on top of roast beef, cover with other pieces of toast
Enjoy your meal !
Til next time ...